Monday, June 13, 2016

The Birth Of The Christ


"Sanctus. Sanctus. Sanctus Dominus Deus Sabaoth!", we chorused in unison as the One took His Place on the Throne. Amidst the fluterring of wings and the silence that followed, I sensed the certain reign of Divine aura and density deep within my heart.
I prefer to call him "Boss". It felt safer for those of us who had chosen the path of light, not exactly what our former commander had chosen. This Name forced me into the memory that my very existence was His and I had nothing else to exist for.
"Mankind has gone astray!", the Boss thundered, sending most of us to our knees. Then, timelessly, He turned aglow while His feeble Voice reminded the gathering of how much He loved them. From the group of Seraphs who stood to the far right, Uriel spoke. He was the most outspoken, even above Mi-ka-El, who had immediately taken the war-path against the decision of our former commander. Uriel, lead vocalist and director of the Seraphs and Cherubs had been gifted with a voice like no other's. The Boss had mostly kept this for moments like this. Just like all of us, the Boss loved him...yet, One sat beside Him, whom He loved most since the One, too, was part of His God-hood; His Only Son. Above Them Both, hovered the Spirit, the final person that made up the Trinity.
''Master, You are most merciful and magnificent in Glory. Yet, the fate of the flood may need to be repeated on . . ." Before Uriel could finish, the One had cut him short. "Not again! Remember the rainbow? Look at the children of Abraham. See the sons of David. Hear the cries of innocent women. This is the work of Lucifer, the one who revolted from our midst." With these words, His voice dropped to a low tone. "I love them all", He concluded.
Again, the Boss thundered, "The land has to be cleansed. One must go down from here and pay that price. I am no more interested in the blood of their goats and sheep. Those have become an abomination unto Me. I need a perfect and permanent sacrifice. Only then, shall I desist from the destruction that I plan. Whoever decides to do this, know this; YOU WILL SUFFER IMMEASURABLY. Take your time and think." At these words, the Light deemed from the Throne and the Boss was in recession. Heaven was quiet. The question hovered, "WHO SHALL GO FOR US?".
............
"Gabriel!", the Boss thundered from His quarters. My heart sank. Have I been chosen to pay the price? I doubted as I strode down the corridor towards the Throne-Room. The Boss was much more democratic than that. He always allowed us to chose. The moment I stepped into the room, I felt it. Something was wrong, hugely. The One, His own Divine Counterpart-in-Godhood, had taken the challenge. He had chosen to die for mankind! In tears, the Father simply starred at me. "Go to Bethlehem, the home of Joachim and Anne. There is one I sent to them neatly 14 human years ago. My Son needs a channel of birth. I shall use hers." With this, I turned and walked away, towards Bethlehem's route."

The young lady sat by the Carpenter's workshop. Joseph, a man of extreme decorum, a carpenter, under whose care Mary had been put, for tutorage and subsequent marriage. 
............
The conversation was short. She simply listened on her knees, asked a few questions and concluded with a statement that shocked the Angel out of me; "I am the handmaid of the Lord, let His word come true as He wills it!"
............

The next string of messages was to follow on the appointed day. Some human months later, amidst hugs, tears, fears and excitement in heaven, the Son stepped down from beside the Boss. While I left to announce His coming to mankind, the choirs rang out again in unison.
First, I met some shepherds sleeping in an open field. Before I revealed my full self, they all vanished. It was the major problem of mankind; fear. I simply reappeared ahead of them, cornering them to a standstill. While I broke the news, I heard the shrill cry of a baby in a manger somewhere ahead in Bethlehem. Then, I realised how unknown the Master's ways are.
I simply walked away, screaming in joy and excitement. I can tell this story firsthand, because my name is Gabriel; the Archangel and Messenger!

I am i~Witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment